Share this
  • Transfer Students Title

    Interested in transferring to Edison State from another school? Do you want to take a class or two over summer break? Maybe you want to start at Edison State and then transfer out for another degree? Whatever your need—Edison State Community College is here for you.  

    "It's close to home."   
    "It's affordable."    
    "I like the small classes sizes." 
    "I like the personal attention that I receive."

    These are just a few of the benefits that students cite when asked what they like most about Edison State. We are certain that you will feel this way too.

    Transferring TO Edison State?

    Do you have credits to transfer to Edison State? How will your credits transfer? What is the process? See the following FAQs for more information.

  • TRANSFERRING CREDITS TO EDISON STATE  To receive credit for courses taken at other colleges or universities, you must have your official transcript(s) from any previous institution(s) sent directly to the Office of Registration and Records at Edison State Community College. Most institutions charge a small fee to forward your official transcripts. Transcripts can arrive electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment. If you need to mail your transcript(s), please use the address below.  

    Registration and Records
    Edison State Community College
    1973 Edison Drive 
    Piqua, OH 45356

    Once received, your transcript(s) will be evaluated and you will receive notification via email. Once you receive this email you may review your transfer credits by logging into the MyESCC portal.

    ACCEPTANCE OF TRANSFER CREDITS  The following outlines Edison State's policy for the acceptance of transfer credits. Generally, Edison State will accept credits earned from other regionally accredited institutions as follows:

    • A grade of "C" or higher must have been received. Grades of pass or credit also will be accepted. Certain coursework with a grade of "D" may also transfer.
    • Credit will not be granted for courses that are defined as pre-college level by the institution where they were earned. Such courses will be noted for academic advising purposes and will show transferred hours as "0."
    • You may receive general elective credit when a course does not have a direct equivalent at Edison State.

    Edison State may accept credit from an institution that is not regionally accredited as outlined below:

    • The acceptance of work from a non-regionally accredited institution applies only to applied degree programs which include AAB, AAS and ATS degrees.
    • Student petitions for review of this course work will be on an individual basis, allowing for consideration of each student's knowledge base, recent use of course knowledge in the work place and supporting course work from educational experience. 


    YES  Please review the information below.

    Non-U.S. Institutions   If you would like to transfer credits to Edison State from an institution of higher education located outside of the United States, you will need to have your coursework evaluated by an approved agency such as World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators.

    Review the Credit for Prior Learning information below for specifics regarding how to have your credit posted for credit earned by exam or other means such as Advanced Placement exams, proficiency exams, CLEP, DSST, Tech Prep or professional certifications, etc. 

    YES  There are many ways to receive college credit. Up to 30 credit hours may be earned via prior learning. Credit awards must be equivalent to a particular course and elective credit is not awarded for prior learning. Students should be aware that prior learning credit awarded by Edison State may not be applicable to degrees at other colleges or universities. A student who intends to transfer to another college or university should consult with a transfer advisor at that institution concerning the transferability of Edison State prior-learning credit.

    You may receive credit for an Edison State course by using one of the methods listed below.

    Career Tech Agreements  Career Tech is a program of study that begins in a student's junior year of high school or career center and continues at Edison State Community College. Career Tech allows students to earn credits toward their college degree while they are attending high school. Click here for more Career Tech Agreement information. Career-Technical Credit is a site to review statewide articulation agreements call CTAGs.

    Advanced Placement (AP)   Edison State awards credit for appropriate scores (generally 3 or higher) on nationally-recognized Advanced Placement (AP) exams. To receive credit for Advanced Placement exams, submit your scores to Edison State Community College, Registration and Records Office for evaluation. Appropriate credit will be awarded and will appear on your transcript as credit by exam. There is no charge for the posting of Advanced Placement credit.

    Edison State Proficiency Exams   You may receive credit for some Edison State Community College courses by way of an internal proficiency or 'test out' procedure. Students register for a proficiency exam, pay the appropriate fee and are contacted by the proctor to arrange an appointment for the exam. Once a proficiency exam is successfully completed and passed, appropriate credit will be awarded and will appear on your transcript as credit by exam. There is no refund for failed exams. For additional information about test out options, contact an advisor.

    • You may not earn credit by exam for a course you have already completed at Edison State. A course is defined as 'completed' if you received a grade of A, B, C, D, F, S, U, IP or W.
    • If you are enrolled in a course and you would like to 'test out,' you must drop the course before you can take the test. The course must be dropped within the drop period. You will be required to pay the appropriate fee before attempting to 'test out' of a course. 
    • If you do not pass the exam, you may not retake the exam for a period of one year.

    College Level Examination Program (CLEP)   Edison State awards credit for appropriate scores on the nationally-recognized CLEP exam. The College Board website provides study and review resources for CLEP exams. You are encouraged to visit this site for study tips, test samples and additional resources. To receive credit for CLEP, submit your scores to Edison State Community College, Registration and Records Office. Appropriate credit will be awarded and will appear on your transcript as a credit by exam. There is no charge for the posting of credit by exam. To schedule a CLEP exam, email or phone 937.778.7959.

    DSST Subject Standardized Tests   Edison State will award credit for DSST exams. To receive credit, submit your DSST transcript to Edison State Community College, Registration and Records Office for evaluation. Appropriate credit will be awarded and will appear on your transcript as credit by exam.

    Professional Exams   You may be eligible for credit for the successful completion of nationally-recognized professional exams that support the mastery of skills or competencies related to your Edison State degree or certificate requirements. Students may be eligible to receive credit for an Edison State course or group of courses related to the skills or competencies tested on the exam. Credit awards are based on the American Council of Education recommendations. An advisor can recommend course equivalencies for professional exams.

    Portfolio Evaluation  You may be eligible for credit for the demonstrated mastery of skills or competencies though work experience. Credits may be awarded if learning corresponds directly to a course currently offered at Edison State. Specific documentation and verification of knowledge and applicability to the equivalent course(s) is required. This procedure measures your achievement of specific course objectives as evaluated by subject experts. You should discuss this program with an advisor and meet informally with a faculty member for each course, to clarify questions about portfolio components, requirements and procedures. For more information and to begin the Portfolio process click here.

  • Transferring FROM Edison State?

    Do you want to start at Edison State, but ultimately earn a bachelor's degree? Our 2 + 2 University Transfer degrees are your gateway to over 250 bachelor's degrees. See the following FAQs for more information.

  • YES YOU CAN  We call it the "2 + 2 University Transfer" program. Start at Edison State and transfer your coursework for another degree. Edison State's small class sizes and affordable tuition make it easy to launch your bachelor's degree close to home.

    Edison State's "2 + 2 University Transfer" degrees are your gateway to over 250 bachelor's degrees at Ohio's public and private universities, as well as to colleges across the United States.

    • The Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree parallels the first two years of a bachelor of arts degree and is ideal for students pursuing majors in the social sciences, humanities and arts. 
    • The Associate of Science (A.S.) degree parallels the first two years of a bachelor of science degree and is ideal for students pursuing majors in science, technology engineering, mathematics and business. 

    If you plan to transfer, we encourage you to:

    1. Identify your transfer major and transfer school as soon as possible. 
    2. Consult with both Edison State and transfer university advisors. 
    3. Carefully follow the Ohio Transfer 36 established by the Ohio Board of Regents.

    The Edison State staff works closely with four-year institutions to keep programs up-to-date and transferable. Edison State's Transfer Agreements with area colleges and universities list the courses that you can take at Edison State to prepare for popular majors at nearby schools.

    Recent Edison State graduates have transferred to Bluffton, Bowling Green, Capital, University of Cincinnati, University of Dayton, Franklin, Miami, Ohio Northern, Ohio State, Ohio University, University of Toledo, Wittenberg, Wright State, Xavier and many more.

    WE USE A VARIETY OF TOOLS TO MAXIMIZE TRANSFERABILITY  Edison State's academic advisors utilize a variety of tools to ensure and maximize the transferability of your college credit to meet the degree requirements of other institutions, including:

    Ohio Higher Ed
    Interested in going to college in Ohio? The University Systems of Ohio has created a site especially for you. The goal is to help connect future college students with information on how to plan, apply, and pay for your education at Ohio's public universities, community colleges, and adult career centers.

    Ohio Transfer 36  
    By following the Ohio Transfer 36, Edison State students can satisfy the general education requirements at other Ohio colleges and universities. The Ohio Transfer 36 contains a minimum of 36 semester hours of courses in the fields of English, mathematics, arts/humanities, social and behavioral sciences, and natural and physical sciences.

    Transfer Agreements  
    Edison State has transfer agreements with area colleges and universities which list courses that you can take at Edison State to prepare for popular majors at various institutions. See the Transfer Agreements list for information on transferring credits to and from Edison State. Contact an advisor for more detailed information.

    Transferology details course equivalencies between colleges and universities in Ohio by school and by course. It enables you to find out what credits will transfer where, and how those credits apply to a program of study.

    Transfer Assurance Guides (TAGS)
    Developed by the Ohio Board of Regents and created by The University Systems of Ohio, the Transfer Assurance Guides provide information on general and specific education coursework that students can complete and transfer. See Edison State Transfer Assurance Guide approved courses here.

    Strategic Ohio Council for Higher Education (SOCHE)
    The Strategic Ohio Council for Higher Education provides several resources for new and transfer students including:

    • School contact information
    • Degree finder for consortium schools
    • Cross registration procedures

    UNIVERSITY PARTNERS  Edison State Community College has entered into partnerships with several universities to offer degree completion programs on the Edison State campuses and online. These partnerships are designed for adult students who have completed technical A.A.S., A.A.B., or A.T.S. degrees and wish to continue their education beyond the associate degree.

    Often times, these programs are accelerated or online. These programs apply more of the technical credits to a bachelor's degree than a traditional transfer program. However, A.A./A.S. degree students are also eligible for admissions to these programs. In many cases, the student may take additional coursework at Edison State before or during the time they are enrolled in the university.


    College | Contact Major Location
    Bluffton University
    Sara Gresse
     Bachelor of Arts 
    Organizational Management
     Edison State Community College | Piqua

    Bluffton University
    Bowling Green State University
    Sherri Orwick Ogden
     Bachelor of Science 
    Advanced Technological Education

    Franklin University
    Jenny Garringer
    Community College 
    Regional Manager
    Schedule an Appointment
    myTransferCredit Tool
    Request Information
    Apply Now

     Bachelor's Degrees 
    Applied Management
    Business Administration
    Business Forensics
    Computer Science
    Computer Justice Administration
    Emergency Management & Homeland Security
    Energy Management
    Exercise Science 
    Financial Management
    Financial Planning
    Forensic Accounting
    Health Information Management
    Health Sciences
    Healthcare Management
    Human Resources Management
    Nursing (RN to BSN)
    Information Systems
    Information Technology
    Interactive Media Design
    Logistics Management
    Management & Leadership
    Operations & Supply Chain Management
    Public Administration
    Public Relations
    Public Safety Management & Leadership
    Social Sciences
    Sport Management
    Web Development
    Ohio University
    Wanda Gandy
     Bachelor of Criminal Justice
    Bachelor of Science Applied Management
    Bachelor of Science
    Nursing (RN to BSN)
    Bachelor of Technical & Applied Studies
    Wright State University 
    Hideo Tsuchida
    Director of Articulation, Transfer
    and Institutional Partnerships
     Bachelor's Degree 
    Crime and Justice Studies
    Graphic Design
    Information Technology and Cybersecurity
    Nursing (RN to BSN Completion)
    Organizational Leadership
    Social Work

    Wright State University | Main Campus

    Wright State University | Lake Campus


    Miami University
    Tom Looker
    937.778.8600 Ext. 7943
     Bachelor of Science Degrees
    Electronics Engineering Technology
    Manufacturing Engineering Technology
    Mechanical Engineering Technology

    Edison State Community College | Piqua

    Miami University

    Western Governors University

    More information for faculty 
    and staff can be found here.

     Bachelor Degrees
    Interdisciplinary Studies (K-8)
    Early Childhood Education
    Mathematics (5-9 or 5-12)
    Science (5-9)
    Science (Chemistry, 5-12)
    Science (Physics, 5-12)
    Science (Biological Sciences, 5-12)
    Science (Geosciences, 5-12)
    Special Education (K-12)
    Nursing (RN to BSN)
    Health Informatics
    Nursing (Prelicensure) (select areas only)
    Business Management
    Business-Human Resource Management
    Business-Information Technology Management
    Marketing Management
    Sales and Sales Management
    Information Technology
    Information Technology-Network Administration
    Information Technology-Network Design and Management
    Information Technology-Security
    Information Technology-Software


    College | Contact Major Location
    Bluffton University
    Sara Gresse
     Master of Arts 
    Business Administration
    Organizational Management
     Edison State Community College | Piqua

    Franklin University
    Request Information
    Apply Now
     Master's Degrees
    Business Administration
    Business Analytics
    Business Psychology
    Criminal Justice Administration
    Computer Science
    Data Analytics
    Health Informatics
    Healthcare Administration
    Human Resources Management
    Information Technology
    Instructional Design & Learning Technology
    Marketing & Communication
    Public Administration
    RN to MSN

    IMPORTANT  For more information on these programs, please contact the college representative listed. Costs are at the rate of the degree-granting school.

  • Additional Transfer Opportunities

    See below for specific transfer option information.

  • The Franklin University Pathway Portal increases the benefits of the 3+1 transfer program by keeping you up-to-date on exactly how Edison State credits transfer to Franklin. You can see how your completed courses fit in your bachelor’s program of choice alongside the other programs Franklin offers. This program-to-program comparison ensures that you maximize your transfer credit and save time and money toward your bachelor’s degree.

    Franklin Pathway Portal

    The Wright Path Program makes the transfer process between Edison State Community College and Wright State University (Dayton or Lake)—seamless and easy. Your dream of a four-year degree is now within reach through the Wright Path program. Start at Edison State with an associate degree and transfer to Wright State to complete your bachelor's degree—and enjoy the experiences and communities at both locations.

    Wright Path Program